poniedziałek, 28 kwietnia 2008

Hardy and VmWare

Hi, there is new version of ubuntu/kubuntu. It is very easy to upgrade ... if you believe in fairy tales.

In fact, it's completely unpredictable. If you have a lot of packets (I have about 2k) it is almost 100% sure that you will destroy your system.

There is resolution. Try to do it without logging into kde/gnome. Just console. apt-get dist-upgrade should work fine. I don't guarantee but it should :) . If it's not then check if file /etc/apt/sources.list contains 'gutsy' or 'hardy' lines. If still gutsy then copy file to some .old file and do #sed 's/gutsy/hardy/g' sources.list.old > sources.list and then #apt-get dist-upgrade. After couple of hours of fixing broken dependencies I have new updated kubuntu :D

One more big bug I just found is problem with VmWare Server. Simply, not working. Its common with VmWare that it's not working with new kernels and Hardy uses 2.6.24-16 (Thats why I like centos - old kernels ;)). There is quite fast way to resolve.

I used this post and it works.

Brak komentarzy: